How To Get Rid of Musty Smell in Your Home?
The air conditioner can produce different types of smells. Some of the most common are gas, burnt plastic, rotten egg, dirty socks, fishy smell, or musty.
Tips to prevent musty smell:
- Run the system on dry mode: The dry mode can be seen on the remote with the symbol of drops. This mode dries the air and reduces the smell for a while.
- Enable X-fan mode: This mode will allow the system to run without the outdoor unit for a few minutes. It will dry the evaporator unit. So, it will prevent the build-up of molds and bacterias.
- Clean air filters and evaporator coils: The dead rodents on the outdoor unit may cause a bad smell. So, make sure you clean it from time to time. Also, you can contact us for our servicing to fix the odor.
To get rid of musty smell you can hire WtfixAir air conditioning service Epping.
How can you Deal With Dusty Ducts?
The ductworks are responsible to circulate cool and warm air. However, if the dirt and debris can also make their way into your room through these ducts. So, you must contact the air conditioning service Epping to ensure clean and quality indoor air. Over time, the ductwork can accumulate a great amount of dirt and debris. Because irregular servicing can cause severe damage to your system. It may seem quite harmless. But it can affect your comfort and cost you much for repairs if ignored.
Indication to clean your ductwork:
- If you notice dust existing in your vents, then you have to clean the ducts. Because it is not normal. This indicates that a large amount of dust has been accumulated in the duct. So, you must immediately contact for efficient air conditioning servicing.
- Restricted airflow: The dirt and dust restrict the airflow. This causes uneven cooling. Also, sometimes it forces the system to draw more current and cause tripping of the circuit breaker.
- Accumulation of dirt over things: If you notice duct always being blowing out of your vents. It will always accumulate over furniture and other surfaces.
What are the Causes Of Air Conditioner Airflow Problems?
The problems like restricted airflow can be avoided by taking periodic air conditioning services Epping. The airflow problem is most of the common problems. Because it arises due to irregular servicing or improper handling. So, you must not avoid yearly servicing. The restriction in airflow can result in uneven cooling or even blowing of warm air.
Reasons for airflow problems:
- Dirty air filters: The air filters filter out the dirt and debris to circulate the clean and quality indoor air. But over time, it clogs due to the accumulation of dust. So, you must clean it from time to time or even replace it if necessary. The clogging of air filters limits the amount of air your unit can pull into your home.
- Frozen evaporator coil: The evaporator coils are responsible to circulate the air down to the ductwork. So, if it freezes up then it restricts the airflow. Also, refrigerant leak and ice formation can result in such a problem.
- Leakage in ducts: The ducts deliver cool air throughout your home. So, if there is any blockage it will not be able to circulate the cool air.
- Blower: Check for the fan and blower motor. Make sure there is no clogging of the fan with dirt or a bad blower motor.
What are the things to consider before calling for air conditioner service in Epping?
A malfunctioning air conditioner can make you tense and frustrated, especially during the hot summers. At the same time, you might have to wait a little longer for air conditioner repair in Epping due to the rush during the season. Therefore it’s better to consider a few things before calling an air conditioner service company:-
- If your air conditioner is having trouble starting, check the circuit breaker first. If it is set off, flip it back on and try restarting your unit.
- A thermostat could also be the reason. So try switching it back on and check whether the temperature readings are correct or not.
- Sometimes a clogged drain pan can also cause many issues in your unit.
- Check for clogged air filters that are considered as the most common reason behind malfunctioning of an air conditioner.
If you have tried all the above and still failed to troubleshoot the issue, call for a professional at wtfixair.
What is an air conditioning checklist for my air conditioner?
You might have heard many times about the importance of maintenance for an air conditioning system. Well, that’s absolutely true! Your air conditioner has to work day and night during the summer. Therefore it’s very important to keep it maintained. Also, you must only hire professionals for this task. Wtfixair has an excellent team of technicians for air conditioner repair in Epping. Our professionals are ready to go 24/7 with an excellent service record. Apart from that it is very important to have a checklist for your system’s maintenance. It should include:-
- Replacing or cleaning air filters regularly as required.
- Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils.
- Inspecting any clogged drain line.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs