Why Does My Air Conditioner Keep Blowing Fuses?
Here are some reasons that may cause your air conditioner blowing a fuse or tripping circuit breaker:
- Dirty air filter: The air filter is responsible to filter out the dirt and dust. It helps in circulating the cool and fresh air into the room. Over time it clogs with the dust. So, it is important to clean it every 3 months. But if it clogs due to irregular servicing it will draw more current to circulate cool air. This will result in circuit tripping or blowing of fuse due to overload.
- Loose connections: The loose electrical parts can also may a reason.
- Low refrigerant: Another reason can be a low refrigerant level. When there is a low refrigerant level then it draws extra current to cool the air. So, it results in circuit tripping or blowing of fuse.
So, to fix the air conditioner blowing fuse you can contact to air conditioning service Balwyn North.
How to Prepare for the R-22 Phase Out?
HCFC-22(Hydrochlorofluorocarbon), also known as R-22 will phase out in the coming future. So, this will affect your budget and service. Thus, WtfixAir offers the best air conditioning service Balwyn North at a reasonable cost. There is a hike in the price of R-22 and will be steadily removed from the market. R-22 is a colorless gas that is used as a refrigerant to cool or heat in refrigeration systems. You have to be prepared for the R-22 phase-out. Firstly, check if your system is R-22 reliant or not. You can check it on the nameplate on your condenser. However, if your system is of more than 10 years then it is likely to rely on R-22.
If you are not able to figure out the refrigerant type you can contact our experts to evaluate your system. There are three options to deal with the R-22 phase-out:
- Replace the system: If your system is of more than 10 years then you can replace it. Also, a system with more than 10 years will only cost you more in frequent repairs. And it will lower your energy bills.
- Replace the refrigerant: If your system is not too old and you cannot afford a new air conditioner. Then you can go for retrofitting your system. And replacing the refrigerant with a new one. Although some systems may not be compatible.
What to do when the air conditioner thermostat batteries are dead?
The thermostat maintains the temperature of cooling and heating. So, if you notice improper cooling or heating then there may be some problem with the thermostat. You can contact WtfixAir for air conditioning service Balwyn North if your unit is malfunctioning. If the battery of the thermostat dies it will not be able to cool or heat properly. However, you can sign for a low battery and replace it before it dies. It is better to take regular servicing because the technicians take care of all these things. If you are facing any trouble while setting the thermostat. Then this may be a sign of low battery.
Also, some of the systems have a low battery indicator. This indicator displays on the LED screen of the main unit. So, you can check it where it displays the temperature. There are some units that beep when the thermostat battery is low. Also, sometimes the screen becomes blank. This makes it impossible to set the thermostat. However, all these indications vary from brand to brand.
If the battery dies the unit will not work. Because it requires a battery to display the screen and relay voltage signal to the circuit board. Some batteries have a life of a few months while others can for years. But they start giving signs 1-2 months before it dies. So, you have enough to replace it.
Is it cheaper to get an air conditioner serviced before summer?
During hot summer months, you need proper functioning air conditioners for your homes and offices. So, it is very important to do annual servicing before summer. This ensures that your system will work well for the next few months. Also, servicing before summer avoids heavy expenses on frequent repairs in the future. You can contact WtfixAir for the best, quick, and efficient services. Our technicians also fix the faults and breakdowns in your system while servicing. We have been offering the best and reliable air conditioner repair in Balwyn North for more than the past 10 years. The annual inspection of your system will help you avoid higher bills and significant repairs.
My air conditioner is not working properly. Where can I get efficient experts to repair it?
Your unit can malfunction if it is too old or lacks servicing and proper maintenance. You may find your system not cooling the room efficiently or blowing hot air. Your system may fail due to many reasons like a bad capacitor, dirty coils, duct leak, low refrigerant level, etc. If you notice that your unit is not working properly then contact WtfixAir for the best and reliable air conditioner repair in Balwyn North. Our technicians have more than 10 years of experience and can fix any sort of breakdown in your system quickly. Do not overlook any small issue like inefficient cooling or water leakage. Because it can cost you hefty in the long run.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs