The average Air Conditioning system, however, consumes a lot of power, which can be very expensive over the cooling season. No wonder, Air conditioners can attribute 40% to 60% of your monthly utility bill. The question that becomes an integral factor is whether it is essential to keep your monthly energy bills down or keep your home’s thermostat set in a comfortable environment. Accordingly, you might be weighing your options and asking yourself the same question that maximum property holders ask repetitively: “To what temperature should I set my Air Conditioning system in Summer?”
While there’s nobody size-fits-all number, Wtfixair recommends that it is relatively simple to figure out how to achieve the best temperature for your personal priorities- be it your comfort level, energy savings, or a combination of both. Here is how to determine the best Air Conditioner temperature for you, alongside some extra energy-saving tips that make certain to keep your comfort level up and cooling expenses down.
No one wants to swelter in the summer heat. You want to feel comfortable in your house without breaking the bank by having your Air Conditioner on constantly attempting to transform your house into Artic.
While no one but you can choose what is the best AC temperature for summer indoors. The Department of Energy states that the best AC temperature for summer is 78°F or 25°C. If this temperature seems too high for your personal comfort level, continue to find out about the best ways to cool your home, so it is comfortable for both times of the day i.e. the day and the night.
How to Meet Comfort while Saving Energy
For some individuals, a temperature setting from 72 to 78 degrees is ideal, yet that relies upon a few factors, including individual preference, energy costs in your space, and how well your house can keep up with its temperature. While setting the temperature lower will work on your comfort, it will likewise increase your service bills. For each degree that the thermostat is raised, you can decrease your utility costs by 1 to 3 percent, depending upon the effectiveness of your AC system and your home’s quality. You can likewise lessen your energy costs altogether by raising the temperature while you are at work, away from home, or snoozing. Wtfixair suggests that for best saving results, consider setting your thermostat to:
- About 78 degrees – When at home.
- Generally, most people would not want to be home for long periods at 85°F (29.5°C), so having a programmable thermostat is the best solution, as it allows you to pre-set your home to the right temperature just before you return home by using the connected device like a cell phone or tablet.
- You can dress all the more softly and run a ceiling fan or box fan to get that cooling impact faster to make a windchill impact. The windchill effect allows the air to move across your body thus transferring the heat away from your body thus making the body feel 4°F (2.2°C) cooler, and turning your space from 78°F (25.5°C) to 74°F (23°C).
- You can also maintain the perfect summer air conditioner temperature in your space by using proper curtains, shades, or blinds on all of your windows, thus assisting you with sealing the heat outdoors and comfortable temperature indoors. Air conditioner maintenance is necessary.
- It is recommended to keep the sunshine from warming up your space by utilizing the right blinds and curtains, as it assists in cooling down your home in no time and effectively.
- You can also refer to the proper sealing of your home.
- Weather strips can also be used on the doors and windows as it allows you to keep the cool air in your space.
- About 82 degrees – While Sleeping
Although 78⁰ F is a decent temperature for comfort and energy saving when you are home and awake, it is not great for sleep. In fact, a bedroom’s temperature is too hot or too cold can lead to a restless night. The recommended ideal temperature for sleeping is somewhere in the range of 80⁰ and 82⁰ F, irrespective of the season.
- About 85 degrees- When away from home.
The Department of Energy estimates that keeping your set temperature at 85°F (29.5°C) for those eight hours when you are away from home, during the day in peak cooling times can save roughly 5% to 15% on your energy bills.
Call us at Wtfix Air
You can constantly depend on Wtfixair to get you a fast service and get the job done in no time, with pocket-friendly prices along with the most professional services at your place. We use best-in-class analytic gear to source your Air Conditioner Installation, problems and fix them quickly. We provide 24/7 Emergency Service to all of our customers, with no travel charges, and guaranteed licensed professionals. We also provide our customers with customized plans, as per the customer’s convenience, and offer amazing discounts on each of our services.
Wtfixair aims to install your commercial ventilation, heating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system with minimum fuss and interruption. We also know the significance of assisting you with reducing both your operational costs and carbon impression. We take our environmental obligations seriously, which is why all the solutions that we provide are as energy-productive as possible.
Contact Wtfixair based in Victoria, 3072, Australia, as it provides Professional Air Conditioner Services to Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Queensland, Sydney, and Tasmania. Get a Free Estimate for a New AC Installation, Cleaning, or other Upkeep services by Scheduling Your Service Call today at (1300) 019 320, or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.