Why is my air conditioner fan not spinning?
Summers in Mont Albert North is a hell of a ride. It remains hot outdoors as well as indoors. For surviving such conditions, you have no option left but to have one air conditioner at your home. It really is a useful appliance that keeps you activated the whole day. And you can sleep peacefully at night. Without Drowning in sweat.
But unfortunately, like any other appliance, an air conditioner also goes under regular wear and tear. Therefore it needs proper servicing and maintenance. One of the frustrating things that can occur with your air conditioning system is when it’s fan stops spinning. This could take time in repairing. It is recommended to get serviced by a professional only. At WtfixAir we offer you trustworthy service and technicians. We provide the best Air Conditioner Service in Mont Albert North. Our licensed and well-qualified technicians are able to repair all types of air conditioning problems, including fans that are not spinning. Just give us a call. We are ready 24/7 to help you.
Now the question that you might have is, why actually my AC fan is not spinning? If your fan has suddenly stopped spinning and your air conditioner is not blowing any cool air then it’s best to call an expert to look at the issue. Although there are many possible reasons why the air conditioner fan isn’t working.
- Dead capacitor – It is one of the most common reasons due to which fans usually stop spinning. There are small components that send signals to the fan motor and the rest of the unit. It is a device that supplies and stores electrical energy. Only after the capacitor jump-start, the components, your air conditioning system will blow cool air. Unfortunately, it has a limited lifespan. When capacitors go bad over a period of time, they need to be replaced.
- AC belts- Earlier air conditioner condenser uses a belt. If it slips off or breaks over a period of time, it needs to be replaced. Although they can be fixed easily.
- Blockage in air filters – Air conditioner filters collect dust during its operation and form an ice shield over a period of time. This restricts the airflow and air conditioner fans start consuming more energy to work and eventually shut down.
Air conditioner not blowing cold air? Here’s what to do.
If your Air conditioner is properly working, then your fan will draw sufficient air on evaporator coils through where it is cooled and circulated in the room. But if your air conditioner is not blowing cold air. Then the most common reason is clogged and dirty air filters. This will cause little or no airflow over the evaporator coils. Hence restricting the cooler air from circulating in the room. Therefore it is required to clean your air filters more often.
If your Air conditioner is not blowing cold air and you’re getting panicked in humidity, read it below to know what you can do:-
- Changing or cleaning filters regularly – Air conditioner filters are the one that contributes most in blowing cold air. If you’re not regularly checking or cleaning air filters, it will get dirty and clogged. A clogged air filter will restrict the flow of cold air into your home. Therefore you should check your air filters in an average of 30 days.
- Setting thermostat- If your thermostat is not set properly it will result in insufficient working and your air conditioner will consume more energy during its operation. Set your thermostat according to the temperature of your house. For example, if it’s 24°celsius set it for 20° celsius. It will take some time but you will notice the change.
- Cleaning the condenser- The condenser is the outer part of the air conditioning system. When dirt and pollutants get stuck in these it makes the operating process hard for your air conditioner. Although cleaning the condenser is very easy. You can do it on your own. But be careful while doing so. Use soap and water and gently wipe it away.
If you have already taken all the above-mentioned precautions and still the issue persists, then it might be due to some mechanical problem. Without any further delay. Call WtfixAir. We are one of the leading companies in the Air Conditioner Service Mont Albert North. Our technicians can fix the problem in no time without harming your system.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs