An air conditioner service technician will check for leakage from pipes or tubes inside the unit. While doing this, they will also remove and drain debris and dirt and clean the unit to ensure optimal performance.Air Filter and Fin Cleaning
All the dust and dirt are cleaned during an air conditioner repair to prevent issues like ice formation inside the unit or the unit not cooling properly. The fin also needs to be washed and cleaned in case there is any mould or dust buildup.Checking coolant levels
Our air conditioning repair technician will check the coolant levels in your air conditioner. Your system malfunctions when the coolant level is low.Condenser and evaporate coil cleaning
The evaporate and condenser coils are cleaned during an air conditioner servicing because the dust and dirt can cause your system to overheat.Overall Inspection
An overall inspection is done during the repair service. All major components of the system are inspected for faults.
Why Is My Air Conditioning Freezing Up?
According to companies that provide air conditioning repair Marayong, there are many reasons why your air conditioning unit could be freezing up.
- It’s a good idea to check the air filter and make sure the registers are both clear and open since dirty air filters and closed air registers can impede airflow.
- A freeze-up can also be caused by improper fan operation and low refrigerant levels. A faulty fan prevents air from moving, and low refrigerant levels make the coils too cold.
- Drainage problems and a faulty thermostat are often causes of a freeze up.
- An air conditioning unit condenses water vapour into a liquid that drains outside, in the cooling process. The ice will cause a blockage for the drain hole if the coils are frozen. The unit still runs, but uses a lot more electricity and doesn't cool properly. An air conditioner with frozen coils can lead to extensive damage to the compressor. It’s always best to call a certified technician from WtfixAir if you’re unable to fix the frozen coil problem yourself.
At WtfixAir, we fix all types of HVAC problems for both residential and commercial places, including air conditioner freeze-ups. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with us.
Why Is My Air Conditioner So Loud?
According to experts that provide air conditioning repair Marayong, the outdoor or indoor unit of your air conditioner could be very loud for a few of the following common reasons.
- Most units, especially the fan, use isolation padding to absorb the motion noise produced by the internal parts. The wear and tear of this padding, increase the noise levels of your air conditioning unit.
- The refrigerant lines have probably been installed too lightly. An HVAC technician - in this case - can easily adjust the air conditioner to resolve the issue.
- In the motor system of your air conditioning unit, a piece of hardware could be loose. You should call an experienced technician from WtfixAir to fix this as soon as possible.
- A sudden loud rattle could mean a small piece of debris got stuck in the outdoor air conditioner’s compressor fan. Turn off the unit and remove the visible obstruction, to fix the problem.
- The outdoor unit's compressor could've gone bad due to malfunction or age. The indoor unit's blower motor is malfunctioning or old.
- The belt of the indoor unit is worn or misaligned. The squealing can differ as various humidity and temperature level cause the belt to contract and expand.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Leaking Water Inside The House?
You might need air conditioning repair Marayong if your air conditioner is leaking water inside the house. Here are a few reasons put together by WtfixAir that cause air conditioner water to leak into your home.Clogged Condensate Drain Line
The most common cause of water leaking from your AC into your home is a clogged condensate drain line. This happens when the drain line gets clogged with dust, dirt, sludge or mould. There are many ways to unclog the water like using a vac on the condensate line.
The best way is to have a professional use a special vacuum to suck the blockage material out.Damaged Drain Pan
The waterfalls right through because the pan may be rusted or damaged. You'll need to replace it.Broken Condensate Pump
The water won't be pumped outside anymore if the pump breaks. You'll need to repair or replace it.Low Refrigerant
Low refrigerant will lower pressure in the AC system, causing the evaporator coil to freeze over. The water overflows the drain pan when the coil melts.Dirty Air Filter
This blocks airflow over the evaporator coil. Consequently, the evaporator coil freezes over. It drips an excess amount of water when it melts, that the pan may not be able to handle.
How Air Conditioning Repairs Help Solve Your Noise Restriction Problems
While air conditioners aren’t actually designed to be noisy, a bad installation can result in your air conditioner making a lot more noise than it was meant to. Unusual sounds are created by certain air conditioning problems such as:
Ways to fix an air conditioner noise problem:Check the fan for any stuck debris or damage
Check any stuck debris such as dust, debris, branches, stones and other particles and remove them manually.Examine the blades for any signs of loose placement
Check if any of the fan blades are positioned awkwardly. If yes, don’t tinker with them yourself. Call an aircon expert from WtfixAir right away to fix the problem for you.Call an air conditioning service expert
More often than not, it is safe and ideal to let a professional aircon servicing company like WtfixAir or a trained aircon expert from WtfixAir take a look at the problem and fix it for you.
Regular repairs and maintenance can help you overcome these problems. During air conditioning repair Marayong, our technician will diagnose the problem and fix it. They will ensure the functioning of your air conditioner at a comfortable volume.
Pace a call or drop us a message here at WtfixAir if any of these air conditioner noises have been causing you trouble and distress.