Why is my air-conditioner showing error codes?
Have you ever got an error code or flashing indicator light that appears in your indoor unit? Any problem with the remote control or wall-mounted controller of your air conditioner? These problems will tell the user that there is a problem with the indoor unit or outdoor unit. When you know the meaning of the error code and its definition, this will help you partially understand the code, its meaning, and the measures that need to be taken.
What are error codes?
All air-conditioning systems have been pre-programmed with a series of error codes. When the equipment fails, these error codes will be displayed on the control panel.
Causes and failures of air conditioning error codes
- The system needs to be refilled
- Old age
- Technical failure
- Unforeseen weather events
- Animals can damage the roof or outdoor unit system
- The controller does not turn on the air conditioner
- Circuit breaker tripped
- Pests may bite the controller wiring
- Blow the council service fuse
- Your local power supply may be supplying power to your area
- Air conditioner internal failure
- Compressor delay after the restart
- Fan heating delayed start
Steps to reset the air conditioner error code
- Locate outdoor units.
- Locate the isolation switch on the device or the wall next to the device.
- Turn off the switch and turn it off for an hour.
- Reopen the isolation switch after one hour.
- Turn the device back on from the main controller and see how the system operates.
- Check the error code on the main controller, such as EEE, E42, or F42.
Still fail to understand error code, Don’t worry! Please feel free to contact WtfixAir Air Conditioning Service Yarraville to get all your air conditioning needs! We assist in everything apart from Air conditioner service in Yarraville.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Freezing Up?
Sometimes our questions are common such as why does my air conditioner freeze? How can things that work throughout the day on the hottest day of the year freeze easily? It can be frustrating to figure out what causes the air conditioner to freeze, but it is not a common problem. More condensate can be seen on the drain pan. At the same time, you feel warm in the room. This means it is time to investigate and find out the cause of this problem. These are some possible reasons like-
- Dirty air filter
- Restricted airflow
- Thermostat setting
- Dirty evaporator coil
- Low refrigerant
- The motor is broken
- Duct restrictions
- Mechanical failure
- Designed for a very specific temperature range.
- Low outdoor temperature
Ways to correct it-
- Have your HVAC technician check for refrigerant leaks
- Check and replace the air filter
- Ensure that the blower is working properly
- Check the condensate drain line
- Check the vent
- Having a programmable thermostat
- Check the evaporator coil
The refrigerated air conditioner will not only not work properly, but will also damage your equipment. Think about the effect of ice on rods and over time-ice can expand and damage rods. It can separate them and perform the same operation on your air conditioner.
AC freezing is a very common and frustrating problem faced by every AC owner. However, some regular maintenance and adjustments can prevent the problem of AC freezing. Regular adjustment and replacement of the air filter are important because it can effectively prevent mechanical failure, blockage, and leakage.
At WtfixAir air, we do reliable Air Conditioning Service Yarraville for businesses and residents, including AC freezing problems. We know that the summer in Yarraville can be very warm, so the response to Air conditioner service Yarraville repairs will be quick.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs