How to prepare for the R-22 Phase Out?
R-22 is nothing but a part of chlorofluorocarbons, which is used to resolve the issues if refrigerant leaks in your air conditioner. The R-22 is a substance that is used in place of refrigerants whenever there is an instant need. It is recently being phased out. That means it would no longer be available as an alternate in place of refrigerants. The Air Conditioning service providers are no longer allowed to use it in Air Conditioning Systems.
The main reason behind carrying out this phase-out is because of the toxic materials yielded by the substance. We all know how dangerous CFCs are. Therefore, it must be considered a good step towards ensuring the best safety of the customers using these HVAC units. Since devices like Air conditioners break down more often, it is important to be ready with a plan to resolve all of them without any hassle.
What can you do to prepare for the phase-out?
When the R-22 phase-out happens, it will instantly get out of the market. So when the cases of refrigerant leaks arise, there won’t be a “best” way to care for it. This will create a hassle in the market, which will lead to a shortage of supply of services. To avoid all such complications, there are 2 things that you all can do:
- Optimization – Optimize your system. Make it ready according to the present need of the hour. One good thing about air conditioners is that they can be modified. It doesn’t need much effort. Therefore, modifying the system accordingly without the R-22 is a wise choice.
- Replacement – The only other option in your hand is to get a replacement, which is already modified without the need for R-22.
Looking for the best Air Conditioning Service in Westmeadows for the phase-out? WtfixAir is here for you! It is a group of expert technicians who will help you with all your HVAC-related issues. Contact them today!
Why is there an Unusual Odor coming from my Air Conditioner?
We are all concerned about the well-being of our air conditioners, as we spent large amounts of money on it. You certainly would not want all that money go down the drain. Therefore, it is important to keep monitoring your devices on a regular basis.
One of the most common problems associated with your air conditioner is emitting foul smells. When air conditioners are left unclean for long durations of time, they tend to give out bad odors. However, these odors can sometimes mean something else as well.
Problems associate with Bad Odors
The common problems which these bad odors might be pointing out are:
- Short circuit – Your air conditioner might emit a burning smell. This indicates that the electrical wires in your devices might be short-circuiting.
- Refrigerant leaks – If your device is emitting the odor of combustion, it is a possibility that the refrigerants are heavily leaking.
- Water clogging – At times, water clogging inside certain parts of the air conditioner give out a moldy smell.
All these issues need to be resolved instantly. We suggest you contact WtfixAir as soon as possible. They are a group of certified technicians providing long term solutions to all your HVAC-related issues. Book an appointment today!
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs