How To Tell If The Capacitor Is Bad On Your Air Conditioner?
The air conditioners have capacitors that charge and start the motor. It looks like a cylinder or a cuboid. In proper working condition, the capacitor sends an energy surge to the motor. So, if your motor is not working then contact us for the air conditioner service Wantirna South for fixing the problem.
Signs your capacitor is in bad condition:
- Not blowing cool air: If you do not feel the cool air from the system then there could be some problem with the capacitor. Try to turn your system off and turn it on after a while. But if the problem persists then call for repair immediately.
- Sudden higher energy bills: If you notice a sudden rise in your energy bills. Then the capacitor may be trying to draw more current than necessary.
- Humming noise: The system sometimes produces unusual noise. If you notice any humming sound then there is a possibility of capacitor failure.
- Old HVAC unit: If your system is of more than 8 years then your capacitor needs replacement.
- Short cycling/ turning down of system on its own: The capacitor failure may also cause the system to turn down on its own.
- The system won’t turn on: The system won’t start at all or starts after some time.
How Often Should I Change My Air Filter?
The air filters are a very important part of the air conditioners. They filter out the dirt, dust, and debris from the air. They are responsible for maintaining proper airflow. So, you must ensure that you service it at least once a year. We offer a 24/7 air conditioning service Wantirna South. Our experts will reach your place and check all the components. Also, they fix it immediately if they found any issue.
The air filters restrict the dirt and dust particles to enter your home. And ensure that you get fresh and cool air. Also, it improves the quality of your indoor air. However, the air filters clog over time. The accumulation of the dust causes clogging which further results in the breakdown of the system. So, you must avoid any such situation beforehand by taking air conditioner service Wantirna South. The best way to avoid any severe damage to your system is to clean the filters from time to time. Also, sometimes it needs replacement.
When to replace your air filters:
The replacement of your air filters depends upon many factors:
- The model of your air filter
- The quality of your indoor air
- The number of pets in your home
- The size of your house or workplace
- Air pollution level around your place
Keeping the above points in mind, you must decide whether to replace or simply clean the filter. For the basic air filters of size 1” to 3”, it is suggested to replace it within 30-60 days. Also, if your air filter is not the basic type but you suffer from any allergies. Then you must replace it within 60-90 days. If you have one pet then replace it every 60 days.
What is air conditioner service?
You know how you go to a dentist once in a while so that they can take a look at your mouth and make sure everything is fine? And even if everything is fine, you still get a check-up once in a while to be on the safe side? That is exactly what servicing is for your air conditioner. It’s a check-up done once in a while to ensure the air conditioner is in the best shape and if not, the necessary steps are taken. Usually, maintenance stuff is also done when the air conditioner is getting serviced. So cleaning up is a part of the package. Especially if you are getting service from air conditioner repair Wantirna South.
My Air Conditioner is Not Cooling Enough, how can I increase cooling?
An air conditioner is a saving grace during harsh summers. But of what use is an air conditioner if it is not cooling enough? The first and foremost thing you should check is the power source. The power that is consumed by the air conditioner is quite a determinant factor in how much it is cooling. Furthermore, you should also check the thermostat to see if the temperature is as per your needs. If everything is fine so far then it is time to check the air conditioner for how clean it is. If the cleanliness is also on point, it is inevitably an issue of the parts. It is advisable to get the air conditioner checked once, preferably by someone from air conditioner repair Wantirna South to fix the issue.
Air Conditioning Leaking Ducts
The ductwork provides the pathway to the conditioned air from your furnace to your home’s interior. So, proper sealing of these ducts is important to avoid any leakage of the cool air. If you notice any loose connections, gaps, or any damage in the duct section then contact WtfixAir for air conditioner repair in Wantirna South. Here are signs that can help you decide if there is any leakage or not.
- Unexpected spikes in heating and cooling cannot be traced to increased system usage.
- Some problems keeping specific rooms warm or cool.
- Increase in airborne dust and particulates.
Leak in ductwork needs professional care to avoid any severe damage to the unit.
Air Conditioning Fan Problems
If your unit turns on but you do not feel any cool air and the fan is not spinning, then contact WtfixAir technicians for air conditioner repair Wantirna South. The fan motor and start capacitor work together to spin the fan to blow cool air. If there is some fault with the motor or capacitor then it needs a professional to fix it. Dead capacitors and burnt-out motors can stop the fan from spinning. In addition, clogging in air filters and faulty belts can contribute to this issue. Power issues due to overheating can also cause fan problems.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs