Why my ac compressor not working but the fan is running?
In the hot summer, the worst thing you may encounter is that the air conditioner does not work properly. You will find yourself feeling the impact of warm air instead of relaxing in cool air. This happens when the air conditioner fan is running but the compressor cannot be started. The compressor is often considered the main part of the air conditioning system. You will know when it fails to operate normally.
Why is my ac compressor not working but the fan is running?
You may wonder why the AC fan is still running even though the compressor is not working. Here is the reason for your question
- Thermostat setting error or thermostat failure
- The condenser coil is dirty
- Blocked suction line
- Dirty Filter
- The unit does not receive power
- Low refrigerant quantity
- Electrical issues
- Air conditioning capacitors and starting relays
- Too much refrigerant
- Contaminants in the system
- Insufficient oil lubrication
- Compressor is dead
- Beyond the service life
- The indoor unit does mismatch the outdoor unit
Symptoms of a weak AC compressor
- The loud noise of the compressor
- Ineffective room cooling
- Shake the outdoor unit when starting
- Warm air from the air conditioner
- AC keeps tripping the circuit breaker
- The compressor stops completely
It’s time to fix it!
Regular maintenance of the equipment is the best preventive measure because it can solve most problems before they escalate. The compressor consists of several easily replaceable parts. Through regular inspections, parts can be found early and replaced in time, thus effectively preventing the risk of problems with the AC compressor.
WtfixAir is a major heating and Air Conditioning Service in Strathmore which is your local service provider in Canberra. We will conduct a more thorough cleaning and inspection, check the refrigerant level, and make sure everything is working properly. With our Air Conditioner Service Strathmore, your air conditioner is thoroughly screened to meet your standards of excellence.
Why is my air conditioner running but not cooling the house?
Is your air conditioner running constantly but not cooling the house? If so, you may feel frustrated and ready to call a professional to repair the AC. When your air conditioning system is operating normally, it will run cyclically. The system will start and run until it reaches the desired temperature, and then start for a few minutes. However, if your air-conditioning system continues to run without effectively cooling your house, you need to worry. In addition to not cooling your house, this will increase energy costs and put unnecessary pressure on the system.
- If the air conditioner is not cooled, the air filter may become clogged. In this case, air cannot flow properly, which greatly reduces the cooling capacity of the air conditioner.
- If the air conditioner is not cold enough, the condenser coil may be dirty and full of debris.
- When the coolant level is insufficient, AC cannot be cooled.
- If the compressor is defective, the cooling cycle will not start, and the AC power cannot be cooled.
- If the thermostat malfunctions, the air conditioner will not cool or may continue to cool.
- Uncooled AC may be caused by compressor running capacitor failure, control board failure, bad thermistor, capillary blockage, motor failure, etc.
- If there is a high atmospheric temperature
- Misfit AC never cools your house or may cool only one portion of the house.
- Maybe you are using a faulty remote.
Need an Air Conditioning Service Canberra to repair your AC power?
By having a professional Air Conditioner Service Strathmore conduct annual inspections and promptly resolve any maintenance issues, you can help avoid any potential AC power interruption. WtfixAir can ensure that your system is always in top condition. If in doubt, please seek professional help instead of trying DIY repairs to avoid further damage to the system.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs