Why is my Air Conditioner turning on and off rapidly?
When you notice that your device is turning on and off rapidly, it is most probably due to the issue of short-cycling. Short cycling is one of the most common, and unfortunately, the most harmful problem in your air conditioner. It is harmful because it is directly connected to the compressor unit, which at times needs to be replaced. An air conditioner is said to be short-cycling when it doesn’t complete a full cooling cycle. When this problem arises, the compressor turns on and off rapidly. It results in an overburden which causes your air conditioner to break down a lot, as it has to work harder than usual.
If the issue of short-cycling is not resolved instantly, it can lead to severe problems with your device. The rapid turn on and offs in the device leads to a huge electricity bill. It also decreases the long-term efficiency of your system. This might even become a cause of sensor damage in the damage. Under such circumstances, the device would stop taking any instructions from you. Unfortunately, you would be forced to get immediate air conditioning services in Mooroolbark
Causes of Short-cycling
The problem of short-cycling can be caused due to the following reasons:
- Insufficient stores of refrigerant
- Leaking air ducts
- Delusional thermostat measures
- Blocked air filters
- The ratio od size of the air conditioner to that of the compressor
As you can see, these are not the usual problems that might arise in your device every now and then. If you are facing any of these problems in Mooroolbark you need to seek the best Air Conditioning Service Mooroolbark as soon as possible.
Are you wondering who you can approach? WtfixAir might be just what you need!
WtfixAir is a customer-trusted HVAC brand that provides its services through expert technicians. They are there to assist you with all your HVAC-related problems and provide permanent solutions. Contact them today!
How to get rid of the musty smell in your house?
When you keep an Air Conditioner under bad conditions for a long time, it starts to emit various kinds of bad odors, which are unpleasant for you as well as your air conditioner. You can always solve smell-related problems with proper cleaning and servicing of the device.
Your device generally emits a musty smell when it has filth stuck on the inside. This debris can sometimes be present in odd locations, like the evaporator coils and the ductwork. In such a case, it is very difficult to clean it by yourself as you may end up breaking it. Therefore, seeking professional help becomes important.
Reasons for this musty smell in your house
There are several kinds of foul smells your air conditioning device might emit, all with a separate reason:
- Improper drainage – As we know, air conditioners drain the excess amount of condensed water generated in the cooling process. However, if the water remains clogged inside the device, it can start emitting a foul smell. This generally happens when the condenser pump is broken.
- Short circuit – One of the most common smells an air conditioning device might emit is a burning smell. This is generally because of a short circuit inside the device, which needs to be sorted as soon as possible.
- Gas leaks – Gas leaks are a common issue in air conditioners, which at times also emit a foul scent. These gases can at times be toxic as well, so you should seek professional help instantly.
So, in order to deal with scent-related issues, you should be hiring the best Air Conditioning Service in Mooroolbark WtfixAir is highly recommended in this scenario. They are a customer-trusted group of professional technicians, providing you with permanent solutions for all your HVAC-related problems. Call them today!
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs