How to remove mold from air conditioner ducts?
The air conditioning system has evolved over a period of time to meet our various needs. Over the last few decades, they have become more efficient and save more energy. Aside from the purpose of an air conditioner service, mold begins to set colonies inside the ducts. If there is mold in your AC ducts you will surely be able to smell a musty odor. It grows really fast and the spores are too small to be spotted without any special equipment. They make the occupants sick without even being noticed. It also reduces the quality of air. This issue is very common as mold is present everywhere in a building and the environment we live in.
Now the question is, what really causes mold to grow in Air conditioner ducts?
Mold grows in the ductwork because of two things – moisture and warmth. A humid environment is an ideal condition to form mold. Our air conditioners form water vapor when cold air passes through the duct system. Hence forming an environment for the mold to grow in. They get their nutrition from dust and pollutants that got collected over months inside the duct.
The common signs that your air conditioner duct has mold are, your eyes, throat, and nose may feel irritated when you’re sitting under the AC. You are having allergic symptoms like running nose only at the place where your AC is. Or you may feel fatigued, headache only when you’re at home.
There are various home remedies available to get rid of them. But they do not always work. So, without wasting any further time let’s have a look at how you can remove mold from AC ducts:-
- Clean the drip of the pan on a regular basis as they collect water that can become a breeding ground for mold.
- Check the ducts regularly. Scrubbing mold with a normal brush will not remove them permanently. It will come back in no time. That is why hiring a professional for this work is better. At WtfixAir, we have skilled technicians that can prevent the mold from coming back permanently. We are one of the best Air Conditioner Service Mont Albert. Our technicians know how to take care of mold without harming your system.
What are the causes of Air Conditioner Airflow problems?
In an air conditioner, it is very important that the vents keep blowing out the excess air. It might be either hot or cold air. If the air is not being blown out, it can lead to a number of issues in your device. For instance, if the hot air is in excess inside the device, it might lead to overheating. Similarly, if cold air is locked up, the major components like the condenser or evaporator coils can end up freezing up. These issues affect the condition of airflow In an air conditioner. Therefore, it is important to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
What are the remedies for this issue?
This issue needs to be resolved instantly. You need to seek professional help. Some of the remedies they might perform are:
- Thorough cleaning of the device – Sometimes, the vents are blocked with debris. This might not pose too many problems if you just get a thorough cleaning session.
- Change Thermostat settings – If the vents aren’t blowing out air, increasing the thermostat temperature might help. It will force the air to the places where the airflow is insufficient.
- Repairing exposed vents – If a vent is broken and exposed, closing it out and repairs will help you out.
- Check the compressor unit – Sometimes, the compressor unit does not work properly. Due to this, it is not able to transfer sufficient air to the air conditioning device, which drastically decreases its airflow capabilities. Therefore, it needs to be either repaired or replaced instantly.
Are you looking for someone to provide you the best Air Conditioner Service Mont Albert? You can find all such services here at WtfixAir. Their superb technicians are there to assist you with all your HVAC-related issues with their vast knowledge and experience. Contact them today!
Why is my air conditioner not working properly? Where can I get efficient experts to repair it?
In summer when you are not going outside and want to get comfortable cold air blowing all day and your air conditioner is not in a working mood. This is a time where you want someone who can fix this problem easily but don’t know whom you should call to repair it?
So here is a team of professionals who can fix the problem very easily. Who can understand the problem and remove the cause that can harm your air conditioner? Wtfixair – a team of experienced workers. You can contact them about your air conditioner problem. For air conditioner repair Mont Albert you should contact us.
Why is my air conditioner outdoor fan motor stuck?
Hottest day of the year and you find your air conditioner is not in a working mood. What will you do then? You have to look at the compressor and observe the motor. What will you see? If you find a hot spot above the motor this is a sign that your air conditioner’s motor is going to fail or not work properly.
If the compressor is working and the fan would not turn then the problem is most likely with the motor or capacitor. If you have any problem like this with your air conditioner you can contact Wtfixair for air conditioner repair Mont Albert.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs