What to do when air conditioner thermostat batteries dead?
A well-functioning air conditioner is essential in a hot and humid climate. Any change in the air conditioner is worrisome, before calling an expert, check the thermostat. Minor thermostat problems can cause more serious issues with the system.
Due to a faulty thermostat, you may suddenly experience failure in the cooling system. The heating and cooling of the air conditioner depending on the thermostat. So, it is important to take care of thermostat maintenance.
HOW TO KNOW THERMOSTAT BATTERIES ARE DEAD
If your air conditioner suddenly stops working, check whether the thermostat’s display is lit. If it is not, that means the thermostat is not getting power. It indicates the thermostat batteries are dead or blown fuse in the main electrical panel.
WHAT TO CHECK WHEN THE THERMOSTAT BATTERIES ARE DEAD
- Examine the inner components
- Check for a buildup of dirt, cigarette smoke, or dust
- Check wiring or terminal screws
After checking electrical components, clean a coating of debris. If you see corrosion on the wiring, use the wiring schematic as a replacement guide. Also, you can simply replace the thermostat.
For the air conditioning and thermostat problems, call our experts, Air Conditioning service Keysborough!
Why does my air conditioner keep blowing fuses?
An electrical problem with your air conditioning unit is a common issue. Different reasons for blowing fuse results in the same thing, a lack of cool air. If your air conditioner has a blown fuse, Air Conditioning service Keysborough will get your unit back.
CAUSES OF BLOWN FUSES:-
- REFRIGERANT: – If the refrigerant level is low, your air conditioner unit has to work hard. This extra effort sometimes causes a trip in your system. Low refrigerant may cause a leak, which could be the reason for blowing fuses.
- CAPACITOR: – The capacitor is a small part of the cooling system. The capacitor that is not working properly will blow fuses.
- FILTER: – A clogged air filter can cause a blown fuse. This is due to the extra pressure put on your system.
- ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS: – The connections may get loose inside the breaker box due to temperature changes. This can make the wires expand and contract to cause a blown fuse.
We can help in diagnosing the reason for your system’s electrical problems. Also, offer a full range of heating and cooling services. Call us today, to schedule an air conditioning service!
How to prepare for the R-22 phase-out?
R-22 gas is an ozone-depleting substance. When it reacts with the ozone layer, causes significant damage. R-22 refrigerant is being phased out due to its harmful effects on the ozone layer.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) implemented a ban on the production of R-22. The EPA also banned the manufacture and installation of a new R-22 air conditioner.
WHAT IF YOUR AIR CONDITIONER USES R-22?
The ban does not require you to replace the functioning of R-22. You need to evaluate your options if your air conditioning system fails or requires repairs.
The supply of R-22 will become more limited and the price may increase. You may pay more for a repair that requires R-22 refrigerant. Also, your air conditioner needs a repair that requires adding refrigerant.
You can simply replace R-22 with any other refrigerant without modifications. R-22 refrigerant is being replaced by R-410A, a safer material. R-22 refrigerant is hard-to-find when it is time for air conditioning service.
REFRIGERANT CHANGE MEANS SEVERAL THINGS WITH OLDER AIR CONDITIONERS:-
- R-22 refrigerant will only be available through aftermarket sales
- Prices of R-22 refrigerant have been rising
Contact us, Air Conditioning service Keysborough for more information on the types of refrigerants.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs