Why does my Air Conditioner smell bad when turned on?
When you keep an Air Conditioner under bad conditions for a long time, it starts to emit various kinds of bad odors, which are unpleasant for you as well as your air conditioner. You can always solve smell-related problems with proper cleaning and servicing of the device.
Reasons for different kinds of bad odors
There are several kinds of foul smells your air conditioning device might emit, all with a separate reason:
- Improper drainage – As we know, air conditioners drain the excess amount of condensed water generated in the cooling process. However, if the water remains clogged inside the device, it can start emitting a foul smell. This generally happens when the condenser pump is broken.
- Short circuit – One of the most common smells an air conditioning device might emit is a burning smell. This is generally because of a short circuit inside the device, which needs to be sorted as soon as possible.
- Gas leaks – Gas leaks are a common issue in air conditioners, which at times also emit a foul scent. These gases can at times be toxic as well, so you should seek professional help instantly.
So, in order to deal with scent-related issues, you should be hiring a professional. WtfixAir is highly recommended in this scenario. They are a customer-trusted group of professional technicians, providing you with permanent solutions for all your HVAC-related problems. Call them today!
How to beat the heat while choosing Air Conditioning Contractors in Abbotsford?
No one wants to live in a hot and humid climate without an assured cooling experience. As soon as summer is around the corner, the first thing coming to our minds is to get an Air Conditioner. Since installing an air conditioner is an expensive deal, we all look for the most cost-effective source. That is why you need to do lots of research about the available contractors, and hence, choose the best.
Things you should keep in mind while choosing your Air Conditioning Service Abbotsford
There are a lot of points you should keep in mind while choosing your contractor. These are as follows:
- Your Budget – Having a pre-planned budget is very important while choosing a contractor for air conditioners. It helps you to look at the most relevant options.
- Ratings and Reviews – You should always check for the ratings and customer-reviews of any contractor that you’re choosing. It acts as quality assurance.
- Get the best installation – If the air conditioner is installed well, there’s a higher chance of a long-lasting cooling experience.
Keeping these points in mind, we suggest you try WtfixAir! It is a customer-trusted brand that provides the best Air Conditioning Service in Abbotsford. Their expert technicians are always there to assist you with all your HVAC-related issues. Make an appointment today
Is your Air Conditioning device showing signs of disrepair?
An Air Conditioner is a device that works all summer long. It has to keep working continuously to provide you with the best cooling experience. So it is important that the device is maintained regularly to be kept in a working condition. As per experts, an air conditioner must be checked and repaired at least twice a year. Getting regular maintenance ensures long term work efficiency of the device. Hire a good air conditioning service in Abbotsford from WtfixAir
Signs that your Air Conditioner needs instant repairs
An air conditioner in disrepair will give very common signs such as:
- Blowing out warm air – The most common way through which you can know that your device needs repairs is when it isn’t cooling properly and blowing warm air instead.
- Insufficient Airflow – When an air conditioner is in disrepair, it might produce lesser air than usual. This usually happens due to clogged air filters or leaking vents.
- Short-cycling – If the cooling process turns on and off rapidly, you should seek professional help instantly.
- Unusual noises – Another common sign which can be easily detected.
- Higher electricity bills
If you are also facing similar problems, you should get your device repaired as soon as possible. We suggest you to contact WtfixAir. It is a customer-trusted group of certified technicians providing permanent solutions for all your HVAC-related problems and queries. Book today!
What to do if Air Conditioner is not blowing cold air?
If your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air, you can try the steps below to figure out what to do next.
1. Ensure that your thermostat is set at a temperature a few degrees cooler than your home. Remember the threshold of your Thermostat should be lesser than your Air Conditioner temperature.
2. Check if there is a Refrigerant Leak, and fix it.
3. Make sure that your Air Conditioner’s Furnace filter is clean.
4. Further, clean your condenser properly. As it is outside of our house dirt and debris might have clogged it.
Moreover, if these steps do not resolve the issue, get professional assistance from Air Conditioner repair Abbotsford.
How to check if my air conditioner contactor is having a problem?
The contactor is an essential component of the Air Conditioner that is responsible for the conduct of power throughout the unit.
Any problem with it might affect the performance of the AC.
Below are the signs that indicate a problem in Contactor.
- If you notice a melted contactor or burning smell from the case, then most probably it is due to Faulty Contactor.
2. Due to corrosion, the parts of the contactor gradually become loose, which might make weird chattering noise while vibrating.
3. Problem in turning off or on the Air Conditioner might be an indicator too.
Moreover, if you suspect a problem with the Contactor, there is an immediate need for professionals, so connect to Air Conditioner Repair Abbotsford for help.
We cover all of the surrounding suburbs